We have state-of-the-art systems to secure our computer servers and networks and several additional layers of security to ensure your personal and account information remains safe and secure. Our Online Banking employs a multi-factor authentication process to help ensure only authorized users gain account access.
This security enhancement offers you more control over your Online Banking transactions. It also enables us to comply with Federal Financial Institutions Examination Council (FFIEC) guidelines that require financial institutions to apply enhanced authentication procedures for online transactions.
A Team Effort
As much as we do to protect you, it’s important to remember that banking securely online is a two-way street. Fraudsters will always try to find the path of least resistance and there are many things you can do to help protect yourself. Choose strong passwords for your computers and devices and regularly update your software with the latest virus and malware protection. Be constantly vigilant and learn how to recognize fraud. For more information visit: www.onguardonline.gov.
Safeguard Your Personal Information
The single best source of protection against unauthorized use of your personal information is you. Remember when logging in to our Online Services, Clackamas will never ask for your card number, card PIN, card expiration date, or card security code. Here are some simple ways to safeguard your personal information:
- Keep personal or account information in a safe place.
- Provide information only to trusted sources and never to individuals where you did not initiate the contact, or have confirmed the business or person's identity.
- Reduce the amount of mail sent to you that could be stolen from your mailbox or trash; choose electronic statement options.
- Opt-out of pre-approved credit offers by calling 1-888-5-OPTOUT (1-888-567-8688).
- Frequently monitor your account statements and history online for unauthorized transactions.
- Check your credit report for discrepancies on a regular basis. You can obtain a free credit report annually by visiting AnnualCreditReport.com.
- We are suggesting that our members review their Clackamas passwords to assure they are strong and are different from passwords used on other sites.
- A helpful rule of thumb: To create strong passwords use at least 8 characters and use all 4 character groups including lower case letters, upper case letters, numbers, and special characters.
- It is a good idea to change passwords on a regular basis. This may also apply to any email accounts or other online accounts you have from other third-party service providers/companies.